AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Confused about bale processors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Saskyfarmer
Posted 6/13/2019 23:16 (#7557946 - in reply to #7557877)
Subject: RE: Confused about bale processors

East Central Saskatchewan

I've got a Bale King 5200 with fine chop (pretty well the same as a 3100 Degelman, they where partnered for a few years). On a hardcore brome grass/alfalfa bale if I shred it slow on lowest aggresive/grate setting on 100 PTO hp tractor I can get it 3-4 inches in length (although the tractor is stationary). If you got a way to feed it right, they will wipe it clean. I like the machine because it is much lower maintance then a tub grinder and easy to work on (although with only 100hp if you don't abuse the thing you shouldn't have to fix anything for a long time). You will have a very hard time running 100 hp on a tub grinder, some guys are running these things on 4wds at 400 hp. Much more maintance too, but if you got the hp it will do a better cut and more consistent cut then a bale shredder.

On a second note, if your doing harder bales (slough hay), Highline processors are something you should also look at. With the fine chop you can get a real nice fine cut on anything, but again more maintance and it will beat down hard on 100hp. When I was looking at ours, I looked at Highline and Bale King, and ended up with Bale King because it was 15k cheaper and it seemed to cut it just as fine as I would want it. I should mention, it is easy to shred bales into powder with the Highline with the hp, a lot of guys told me that and they didnt like it, but if set properly I'm sure it would be fine. 

(20190522_182952 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20190522_182952 (full).jpg (140KB - 34 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)