AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land clearing equipment question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 6/7/2019 20:15 (#7546899 - in reply to #7546808)
Subject: RE: Land clearing equipment question

I have a 160C LC hoe and had a 850J Dozer when I cleaned up about 25 acres of overgrown shelterbelt the problem I had was there was about a million 1-2" diameter trees in the undergrowth and the excavator missed the majority of them along went old dead/rotting trees that had tipped over and while the dozer wasn't the whole answer it worked the best for the situation I had, yes I did get some dirt in the piles but the part I like best about using a dozer as material is being pushed away from you rather and being pulled towards you.

After I had everything in piles I waited 7-10 and burned them, piles were completely surrounded by worked soil so did on fairly windy days as the wind helps piles burn better, also tended the piles with excavator and kept moving unburned material closer to the fire, once burned out I rented a Deere ADT (6 wheel dump truck) and hauled everything to an old abandoned gavel pit that was less than a mile away, I could load/haul away unburned material/rootballs faster than you could dig a hole to bury the stuff with the size hoe I had plus I don't have a bunch of clay mounds in my fields cause it is almost impossible to keep all the black dirt from getting buried in the hole.

Edited by Dennis SEND 6/9/2019 10:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)