AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DIY auto boom height control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 6/15/2019 20:25 (#7561275 - in reply to #7559122)
Subject: RE: DIY auto boom height control

South Georgia
Andre,

I missed this post earlier when I looked here.

No matter how this ends up, for it to work for you, you're obviously going to need electric valves to control your booms. Whether that's done on the tractor or the sprayer I don't think really matters for this project, but it seems to me to be a good deal more straightforward to make it a part of the sprayer. Ultimately though, I suppose it's personal preference on your part as much as anything.

As for the overshoot/oscillation question, I'm sure that it can be done by smoothing the numbers in the coding, but that's above my head. My thoughts currently are that instead of 'perfect' being exactly the same as the center section (which is going to me moving constantly anyway, as these sensors claim to have mm precision), the outer booms are going to need to be considered 'perfect' when they're in some range of "= to the center section" to "some amount higher than the center section" I think. So something along the lines of "center section +3 inches" >= "boom height" >= "center section". That +3 inches probably won't be the correct number, and it may vary based on how fast you want to spray and how uneven your fields are. But that's my idea, to give us a range to hit so that it won't be constantly correcting.

By the way, your English is excellent. It's difficult to talk about things like this clearly so it makes sense through the keyboard, but I honestly woudn't have guessed that English wasn't your first language. What part of South Africa are you from? What crops do you grow there?

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)