AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DIY auto boom height control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 6/11/2019 13:40 (#7553390 - in reply to #7552403)
Subject: RE: DIY auto boom height control

South Georgia
I'm not a programmer, but I've been trying to learn to use Arduino off and on for about a year now. I've been thinking about this exact project, but I don't think I could tackle it yet.

My thoughts, however, are the opposite. I had been thinking the most straightforward wayv to interface would be to unplug the factory switches and run them 'through' the arduino. These connections could be made in the reasonably clean environment of the cab, they could be made to just plug in, and nothing would be spliced. Spliced wires are opportunities for bad connections and problems later. Since the arduino also would need to intercept when the boom switches were activated in order to disengage the auto function, this would provide a way to do that easily.

Also, depending on the sprayer, the voltage that the factory switches control may be low enough for the arduino to be able to control things with its own 5V system, rather than having to deal with relays to switch 12VDC for the solenoids themselves.

Again, this is over my head, but that seems like the midst straightforward way to go to me.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)