AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are Angus the new terminal breed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 6/2/2019 07:05 (#7536628 - in reply to #7536319)
Subject: RE: Are Angus the new terminal breed?

Missouri

While I want to reply to this.  Not sure I have the clear thoughts to express them.

I do not think he is off in Left Field he actually is just telling the truth.  Angus breed has developed several problem that make his Terminal Breed statement closer to correct than one would want to here.

Hoof problems good reason to slaughter them at 18 mths.  Lucky this problem is being addressed and figure it will be a thing of the past in a few years.

Mature cow size.  Feeding commercial beef cows like dairy cows in confinement operations.  Well someday economics will correct this one way or another.

Maternal cow ability. Well da that's where it all starts.  Includes longevity/udders ect.  I am best at this topic on a Friday night.  

In closing Angus Breed offers more overall positive things to the industry it will not be replaced.  Look at the other breeds that have rebranded black to pull off these traits. We are and will experience an eb and flow to optimize various values.  Certified Angus Beef provided a branding that can not be measured how valuable it was. The targets of our consumers also flow that have to blend into any discussion.  Just like politics breed discussions invite various thoughts. 

This guy actually made me Laugh.   OldTiger speak up its got to be muddy yet, we are moving around and might get little done for 48 hrs window plenty narrow. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)