AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

?'s of Why the Ag community would not want the MFP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

EdSD
Posted 5/24/2019 08:28 (#7517390)
Subject: ?'s of Why the Ag community would not want the MFP

South Dakota
I am sort of simple minded, on this subject. But considering the fact that the US Treasury collects the tariffs that are to be paid on the Chinese product. Why should we not feel ok about accepting the MFP that our President feels we should have. This is a broad statement, but President Trump has told us, and I believe a good share of Americans feel China needs to be rained in for the many unfair things they are doing to many sects of American business (Farms, Technology, trinkets, autos, etc).

Many other parts of American business, other than farming could stand to be the greatest gainers if President Trump gets what he want out of a deal from the Chinese, or even breaks them down to the point we start creating what we need in the country rather than importing. So, what I am saying (asking), why wouldn't we accept this MFP with open arms. I believe rational Americans can see that we could deserve it.

I am a small farmer not in any sort of Ag business other than farming. But we all know that MFP's help the rural economy somewhat. Yes, soybeans or other crops may be over planted (not likely with the wet weather) but having a large amount of product is better for our future than not producing. Many farms will not be able or will not adjust this year (the trade dealings have just caught us in a quick fassion) to the high supplies of certain crops and will lose money because of the low prices. So some government help is good for those farmers and those who they do business with (Seed, Fert, Machinery, Oil, Grocery, Biofuel, Clothing and on and on).

Sometimes I feel there are those who want to tell others to change their crops of choice so they don't have to change at all. So to those, this payment should keep you satisfied for the time being. And for the rest of us, I hope whatever we get will help and we should accept it as an American token of appreciation.

An American's 2 cents
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)