AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Wet Blanket Brigade Will Come
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 5/18/2019 19:18 (#7504016 - in reply to #7503989)
Subject: RE: The Wet Blanket Brigade Will Come

South Central Iowa
I wouldn't be surprised to see that on these, though I think it will be in the August through January numbers. March high? Make everyone regret selling that good price across the scale in the fall? Massive planting carrot for 2020 with a corresponding plunge if all goes well?

Something to keep in mind:

In 14/15 our final export was 1,867 and use, total was 13,748 with an avg farm price of $3.70 and 171.0 on 83.1 MHA, ending stocks 1,731
In 15/16 our final export was 1,901 and use, total was 13,664 with an avg farm price of $3.61 and 168.4 on 80.8 MHA, ending stocks 1,737

I bet we end up somewhere close to those numbers. Unless it continues to stay cold and wet, and the USDA actually does consider real yields in their estimates, which I have my doubts about. At current pace, I would think corn planted in April should be to tassel by August 1. It's only at spike or v2 right now, where it would normally be v4 around May 20. Need some warmer weather. Almost all of the growing occurred Wednesday through Friday when it was in the 80's.

Get the yield down to 160 or take 8-10 million acres of PP and they will run out of paint to coat over this mess. I just really doubt that we will not plant 10 million acres of corn. I think a lot of us will plant corn on June 19th if the price is $4.20-$4.50 and beans are sub $9.00 all on the board.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)