AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If MFP folks had HALF a brain...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

minn gopher
Posted 5/15/2019 20:24 (#7499055 - in reply to #7498723)
Subject: RE: If MFP folks had HALF a brain...

Pine City, MN
Boone & Crockett - 5/15/2019 14:22

Exactly right, we have no idea if our best customer is going to buy, so we plant as if he is, betting on the come. I say we plant a little less, and if he wants some of the supply we do raise, he’s gonna have to pay more for it. This always betting on the come crap is a stupid business model in my opinion. I sure don’t see John Deere building excess tractors and parking them in the back lot hoping somebody gonna step up and buy them at a good profitable price. Why do you suppose they don’t do that? They must be marketing idiots. Edit to add; One of the key attributes to achieving “ best customer” status is being reliable. China is the antithesis of reliable. If they can’t be reliable, then they need to pay up when they need what we produce. NO other business would produce a product for a customer who may or may not be there to buy it. I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand.

Until last year they were buying 1/3 of our beans. I think that’s reliable. Comparing grain farming to a implement business is a real reach.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)