AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NTRIP Modems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 5/4/2019 13:36 (#7475997 - in reply to #7475503)
Subject: RE: NTRIP Modems

Glenwood, Mn

case - 5/3/2019 19:57 RTKonnect. Send it internet via wifi hotspot from your phone.

If you read the original post he didn't want an additional tablet. 

The way I see it he has these options:

1.  Trade in his old modem to Intuicom.  $500 allowance to a 4g capable modem with the trade in of the old one.  Assuming you have an old one to trade in.

2.  Purchase a GX450 from a participating Trimble or Case IH dealer that is "NTRIP enabled"

3.  Purchase a GX450/RV50 and write the NTRIP client.  Not trivial but not exactly rocket science either.  BKG has source code for POSIX systems available.

4. Use a 4g LTE ethernet capable modem with a laptop/surface tablet running Lance's NTRIP windows client.

5.  I suppose he could use an RTKonnect with something like a BR1 mini.  At that point though options 1 and 2 look better/less cumbersome for about the same money.

If he went with a tablet there are better options than the RTKconnect but that's not what he asked for.

My personal opinion are options 1 and 2 are the best for his particular situation. I am not sure if the original poster had a GSM Intuicom for trade in but they are quite easy to come by.  I think I have a bridge-m sitting around here somewhere (Mark-V which is CDMA?).  A few of cases of beer would inspire me to go pull it out of the loft.  It's a paper weight in my neck of the woods and we went with the tablet route for our RTK.  It would potentially be worth $500 on trade in to a participating reseller.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)