AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

carpet in elementary classrooms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Eric in ND
Posted 3/25/2019 09:20 (#7400163 - in reply to #7400086)
Subject: RE: carpet in elementary classrooms

North Dakota, USA
Our school carpeted the classrooms several years ago. There have not been any issues like you brought up. Their cleaning schedule is carpets are spot cleaned as needed and professionally cleaned every summer. I hae never heard of wearing out a carpet by over cleaning it. I have always heard the other way, a dirty carpet wears out faster because of the dirt in it. They did the 2' carpet squares so if something really bad happened, a square can be pulled up and replaced. They bought extra squares at the time so they can be replaced quickly and will match the originals. This is what most businesses do now. This is a rural school so mud is an issue but the new carpets seem to tolerate it very well without staining. As far as upkeep costs, I would guess that there is not much difference between shampooing versus stripping and re-waxing.

The kids really like it. When they have their free reading time, many of them will lay on the floor and read, you didn't see that on the tile.

From what I have heard, everyone is glad it was done. The classrooms are warmer feeling and a lot quieter than before. The teacher's have really appreciated it. This summer they are planning on doing the hallways and entries.

I bet once it is done the kids and teachers will wish it had been done sooner.

Eric in ND

Edited by Eric in ND 3/25/2019 09:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)