AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader App Rate Distribution Cable
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/11/2019 10:40 (#7373416 - in reply to #7373015)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader App Rate Distribution Cable

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
dbock - 3/11/2019 07:08

I thought in your post you said that pin C is a ground but I don't see that anymore. Is that correct? The reason I'm asking is that I think that the bin sensor will need a ground. Thanks again for all your help!

I revised my reply after I realized that I was off on a tangent about other modules. My original post included the part about the ground.

Yes, Pin C can be used for a ground which can be useful in certain situations.

Concerning a bin level sensor, I do remember an Ag Leader installation involving a bin level sensor through an Ag Leader Strip till module. This used a bin level sensor to warn the operator that the tank was getting low. Ag Leader had bin level sensors but we wanted to use what was already on the machine. The bin level sensor on the rig operated in the reverse fashion of what Ag Leader expected. This had to do with whether the bin level sensor completed the circuit when the level was sufficient or whether it completed the circuit when the bin level was low. We were able to install a 12V SPDT relay and use the Common and N.C. terminals to reverse the action.

In your case with the Application Rate Module you will be able to select the action for starting/stopping the coverage map with the "standard or reversed" choice for your implement switch when you create the configuration for that implement.

You mentioned having this switch in series with the an implement switch. This is fine but can get tricky to think about. I assume this means that you are going to have a manual switchin the tractor and the bin level switch in the fertilizer rig wired in series. This would allow you to manually stop the coverage map or have the bin level switch do it for you This should be fine but may be confusing to think through.

Let's see if I can get this straight myself. If your bin level switch completes the circuit when the bin level is sufficient then you should have your manual switch in series with it. That way they both need to "ON" to complete the circuit and START mapping. I think the configuration setting should be "Reversed". Then either the operator or the bin level switch could STOP the coverage map. Once the spreader got refilled and returned to the spot, the operator would turn the manual switch back on and resume spreading, The coverage map would START again at that point. This is fairly easy to think through.

If on the other hand your bin level switch completes a circuit when the level is low then I think your manual switch would need to be wired in parallel with it. This is more confusing to think through. With parallel wiring either switch could stop the mapping. The choice in the configuration would be the opposite so I think "Standard" would be used The bin level switch would complete the circuit to STOP the map or the manual switch could complete the circuit. What's more confusing is the manual switch would need to be ON to STOP the map.

I may have the words backwards above. I do believe that when using two switches, one situation would require them to be in series and the other would need to be in parallel. I guess it boils down to are the switches STARTING the map or are they STOPPING the map.

Edited by tedbear 3/12/2019 10:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)