AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strange results at times posting pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/8/2019 15:30 (#7367791 - in reply to #7367607)
Subject: RE: Strange results at times posting pictures

southern MN
I put it off as long as I can, but I looked at my old machine shed with the long low slope roof, and so I’ve got the shovel and ladder, better get 1/3of that off before tomorrow’s round comes. I’ve heard of too many sheds going down already the past month, knee high or all the aluminum of an aluminum scoop deep up there.

Anyhow, computers. I have noticed a lot of .png photos going around of late, I believe that format does not lose any details of the original, and so is a more pure, preserving the original file format? Perhaps that is what your Windows is putting out?

PNG was developed to replace the old GIF picture format, because the folks who developed the gif format decided to impose royalties on the file after a number of years, they had patented it. And so, gif sort of disappeared as the first standard good picture format.....

JPEGs, jpg, are really good and smaller files, but they do ‘lose’ a tiny bit of detail that the human eye doesn’t notice every time you save them. Cumulatively, it can become noticeable.

So, we have gif, png, at least three versions of jpg, and the new deal Apple is using now as ‘common standard’ picture file formats. There are 100s of others that various programs have used over the years.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)