AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neal kinsey quote on Mg % base saturation and N rate for corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 3/8/2019 08:39 (#7366958 - in reply to #7365436)
Subject: RE: Neal kinsey quote on Mg % base saturation and N rate for corn

King City, Mo
Key factors:

If you fix your soil you don’t have need for university services and they become irrelevant.

Most farmers don’t own the ground they are farming. You can’t afford to fix other people’s land on cash rent agreements. There’s 10 other vultures circling ready to make an offer for that field.

The gov needs a cheap abundant supply of grains to keep an abundant food supply as hungry people over through the government. Notice how low the quality standards are for USDA #2 grain is?

Do you get a premium if you bring in higher
Protein corn or beans to Bartlett? They don’t even check it here. So why if you can’t reap the benefit of higher quality or nutrient density.

There’s more money in selling bandaids as yearly fixes. The applicator, salesman, university, chemical co, truck drivers, all benefit from the yearly need.

Ask your self how much does the local coop make on applying 1 ton of lime or a ton of potash? How much do they make off a Pallet of fungicide or insecticide?

So why fix the underlying cause of the problem for a crop that is worth $0.05#?

It’s just not worth it, if i wasn’t sitting waiting at the oral surgeons to drive my mother home it wouldn’t even be worth my time to type this out.

(679EA3DD-B5F0-4DF0-955C-48EC9AD012B6 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 679EA3DD-B5F0-4DF0-955C-48EC9AD012B6 (full).jpeg (25KB - 83 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)