AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's up with all the enthusiasm for hemp?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 2/16/2019 06:30 (#7323688 - in reply to #7323683)
Subject: RE: What's up with all the enthusiasm for hemp?

EC Nebraska
tmrand - 2/16/2019 06:23

I should know a lot more than I do because it is being planted on quite a few acres in our county. Some outfit is throwing big money into the seed production side of things. They have a facility set up with some big greenhouses right outside of Springfield Colorado. They also lease and own several irrigated circles around the county where they are planting and mechanically harvesting the stuff. Not sure if it's my age or general skepticism but I've just kind of avoided the whole deal. I run into several farmers just to the west of me and it's all they want to talk about. Even at the last Colorado State University meeting I went to, the head folks there mentioned they have an entire department set up now to study hemp. They are growing it at most all of their research stations and are at least supposedly getting some factual information put together with regards to the agronomic and financial viability of hemp. That would help I suppose.

Are they working on Quinoa yet? that seems like it's a bigger market than hemp. You've got the higher altitude, semi-arid climate for it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)