AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nat Crabby patty index
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Just saying
Posted 2/12/2019 12:03 (#7316012 - in reply to #7315927)
Subject: RE: Nat Crabby patty index

N.W. Ohio
I hope you haven’t read any of my posts as negative doom and gloom. I’ve definitely not been friendly on my thoughts on the soybean market. But unlike you 555, I’ve been a fairly active seller of new crop some with cash sales, some with Hta’s and several turbo (accumulator) contracts with hedge prices in the $10.20’s and a reasonable low kickout. Am about 1/3 sold on the 19 crop. Still have plenty of old to sell also. I remember a year ago when guys were making their early sales of over $10, many on here ridiculed the move. But I was an aggressive seller, and just wish I had been even more aggressive at the time. I feel I’m locking in a profit, if I leave money on the table, so be it. I’ve never been smart enough to sell everything on the high anyways. I’m mostly being patient with both unpriced old and new corn. I hope I don’t end up regretting it. I’ve been doing this long enough to know that bad times don’t last forever, just have to be positioned well to be able to make it through to the better days. Take care.
Edited to add: I admire your bullish optimism IN555, I have been there many times myself only to find out there were more parts of the puzzle that I wasn't seeing and finding myself regretting that I passed up what later on hind sight showed me were opportunities I should have acted upon. I honestly hope you are closer to correct on Ag's near term outlook than I am. But I will continue to market cautiously until then.

Edited by Just saying 2/12/2019 13:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)