AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nat Crabby patty index
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 2/12/2019 14:51 (#7316313 - in reply to #7316236)
Subject: RE: Nat Crabby patty index

McLeod County, MN
I was referring to IL. LOL. Those guys just keep raising monster crops one after another. MN has been beat to hell with wet weather since 2011.

The fish are tullibees. They are in the whitefish family, but only smaller and stinkier and phenomenal for smoking. They are not good fried, but ok for pickling. Most people can't tell the difference but tullibees have an underbite and whitefish have an overbite. Tullibees are found in deeper cooler lakes in the northern half of MN. These came from Lake Mille Lacs (132,000 acre lake about 90 mins north of the Twin Cities). Not many people fish for them (walleye snobs), so there isn't a limit most places (its 10 fish at Mille Lacs) and I have a bunch of old farts and family that look forward to getting a couple from me each season. In March, as the snow melts off the ice these suckers feed like crazy and you can catch a pile of them. I like to hit up Leech Lake (112,000 acres) in northern MN and I try to bring home 25 from my spring trip. Action can be fantastic and they fight like crazy on lighter tackle. Have caught them on ice many times wearing just a t-shirt and getting sunburned.

I did a fantastic job smoking these. They taste every bit as good as they look. Its a fair amount of work to catch, clean, brine, smoke and pass them out, but those that get them from me absolutely love them. I pretty well have it dialed in now.

(IMG_0696 (full).JPG)

(IMG_0751 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0696 (full).JPG (162KB - 92 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0751 (full).JPG (214KB - 95 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)