AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kamp
Posted 2/13/2019 20:12 (#7319120 - in reply to #7316441)
Subject: RE: Ag Software

Central SD
We still used Mapshots in 2018, just can't make it work anymore. I don't know what the problem is, database getting to big, or Windows 10 being too updated to communicate properly with my old cd version and no support. Can't even get it to open the program now because an error pops up. I really liked it for input tracking, B/E, and share allocation. I tried the cloud version of EasiSuite on a trial a few years back, couldn't get it figured out. We have all our FODD's tied to JDLink. I wish there was a modern version of EasiSuite that would process and allow editing of field op data from JD Operations Center. The college guys thought Granualr was the answer, so we tried it for the last 9 months. I've just let them try to figure it out, but the jist I get, is that there's a lot of additional entry that needs to happen to prepare the way for the field op's to come in correctly. They don't think it's going to work for us. There are some similarities to EasiSuite, but editing and reports (customizeable) are not as good or possible in Granular. The support was good, but it should be for what they charged. I bought EasiSuite when Charlie Engelhart first offered it in the late 90s. Ted Macy modernized it for FODD and agronomy. For field records, break even and shares, I'm surprised that somebody hasn't come up with something since, and from a P/L standpoint isn't in demand.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)