AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 2/12/2019 19:28 (#7316817 - in reply to #7316751)
Subject: RE: Ag Software

C IL
I’ve been waiting 20 years, what’s another year at this point.

Our database is locally hosted and we (dad) like it that way so far. I tie everything back by production year/profit center and have dabbled with allocating everything to a specific field. We have historically done our product allocations in MapShots and put a summary value into CenterPoint, stepping up our game to transfer product allocations by field into CenterPoint merely requires that I do the work, which hasn’t yet become a priority for me here. It’s just too coarse at that level; the data needs to match up at a higher density with a yield map or seeding population as-applied map.

I also don’t quite know how to move between single entry (GIS) and double entry (financial accounting) systems smoothly; it requires at some point someone to take a winger on a single entry number. It all comes out in the end here but moving product allocation to a double-entry level out of inventory requires me to clean up a few muddles here and there which I have heretofore avoided reconciling in double-entry.

Edited by sand85 2/12/2019 19:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)