AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 2/12/2019 16:33 (#7316441 - in reply to #7315737)
Subject: RE: Ag Software

C IL

I'm still looking.

Currently using old MapShots for agronomy quantities/recordkeeping and RedWing CenterPoint for financial accounting.  I need to step up my game on management accounting within RedWing.

I thought Granular was going to be the solution but they aren't there yet.  Demo I saw looked decent if you started with absolutely nothing but wasn't much of an improvement (actually a step back) from what we are doing now (which is what we were doing 20 years ago, actually - kind of sad the software industry hasn't caught up yet, or mad props to the guys back then for being prescient).  Granular demo I saw was basically a database that read your electronic file and took a single point reading out of it and put it into a clunky old database with a fresh web-optimized interface.  I was floored that they couldn't make a profitability map if I input all my data into the system.  Absolutely floored.  I had such high hopes ..

Until someone figures out that GIS is actually a database with a graphical interface, and uses it as such, we are all going to be goggling over the pretty maps that Climate hands us and accepting only the very lowest fruit our data can give us.  Some guys on here have a super science agronomy focus, I come from a little more P&L focus, but it's all out there for the taking.  I guess building this stuff on our own PC's with our own GIS software is the way forward, no web data aggregation service I have used yet looks at that direction.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)