AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I’m not complaining but
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jim Dandy
Posted 1/13/2019 08:27 (#7241682 - in reply to #7240860)
Subject: RE: I’m not complaining but

NW Illinois Stephenson county
12+- years ago we had 17" overnight rain and a guy walked 3/4 mile to ask me to pull his car out since his car's front end was hanging over the edge of a ditch where a culvert had washed out. I told him when my chores were done I would pull him out. He asked when that would be. I told him about an hour. He was really mad at me and walked away. I had already milked and done some outside chores for 3 hours and I like to get done too. So after I was done with chores I went up to help him out. He was still there. I always make them make their own hook up so if the bumper comes off it is NOT my fault. After he was pulled out he unhooked his car he took off and never said thank-you. I was glad I was done with chores! I tell hunters who hunt on my land it is $100 if I need to pull them out. I also tell them not to make ruts especially on my hay ground. Guess what? I have not had to pull them out since! For the few people otherwise that need help and are really appreciative I just tell them to pass it on and help someone else in the future and we are both happy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)