AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I’m not complaining but
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

d4dave1
Posted 1/13/2019 12:22 (#7242223 - in reply to #7240860)
Subject: RE: I’m not complaining but

Edson, Alberta, Canada

Yeah, it starts off a favour and ends up an obligation. 

Lady and kids just down the road from us, her hubby flew the coop. Blizzard, snow and cold hit us. I finished our place and had the wife phone her and ask if she needed her driveway cleared. Yes please was the answer. By now it was pitch dark outside. So I drove into the straight ahead driveway with little room to turn around with my bucket up. Went and knocked on her door and asked her where she would like the snow piled, where to avoid, any hazards in the yard, please keep the kids and pets inside while I am plowing. Got everything straight and asked her a second time, anything possible buried under the snow that needs to get picked up first? Nope, all clear. So I back up in the dark, with the snow still coming down, only the lights on the tractor to see with, no yard light. I put the bucket down and start my first push and about 20 yards down I hear something bang off the side of the tractor!! ???? As I swivel my head towards the sound I spot the kids swing set start moving across the lawn towards the front of my tractor. WTH??? is happening here I think? And then here comes a deck chair heading for the other side of the tractor. I just panicked, clutched and braked and sat there wondering what was happening?? It was like a nightmare. Turns out she had run an extension cord from the front porch deck across the driveway through the bars of the swing set and looped it over the mirror on her car so she could find it when necessary. My bucket picked up the middle of the cord and everything started pulling tight. The mirror tore right off and hit the side of my tractor and everything else was getting pulled into the tractor by the cord. 

The next spring my wife tells me that the neighbour was angry with me because when I plowed the driveway I had hit some of the decorative rocks that she had trimmed her driveway with and when the snow piles melted the water ran into her basement. And oh yeah...I owed her a mirror for her car. 
I was sure glad to see her move to town.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)