AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you fix this road?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sawer
Posted 1/12/2019 18:03 (#7240501 - in reply to #7240328)
Subject: RE: How would you fix this road?

I am a township commissioner for road district have held this office for 20 plus years. I had a lot of gravel roads when I started. They looked like that at times. My fix is to use a product called BAM ( bituminous asphalt mix ) . This is CA6 rock,( 1inch with lime ) and a road oil mixed together. It will stay put will not splash out or squish out like cold patch. Here it is around $50 a ton high priced but will stay and will not have to keep adding like rock. I would put down about 350 tons to the mile. We use lime spreader trucks, level with road drag, roll in with vibratory roller, then oil and chip. This may sound very pricey and it is but it will be nearly maintenance free for 5 years. The cost to add rock send grader out every week is not cheep. What is the cost of new grader $250000 ? I do not need one. cost of operator I do not need one. With a oil chip coat it seals the road like a new roof on a barn. The holes and the open gravel will let water get into the roadbed and destroy all the rock that has been applied over the years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)