AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combines running on Thursday Jan 10 around Macomb and carthage.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Blusteryknollfarm
Posted 1/12/2019 09:25 (#7239438 - in reply to #7239254)
Subject: RE: Combines running on Thursday Jan 10 around Macomb and carthage.

North Central Illinois
Mark, I think these two statements are what conveyed arrogance in this thread, whether it was intentional or not.

"The majority of the area was done in 2018 like they should be."

"Its painful to watch a class 7 combine only do 40 to 60 acres a day. I guess with livestock, tile, custom manure and strip till to do in the fall I prefer to be done by Nov. 1." I too prefer to be done before that so I can get cover crops in, but what my neighbors do isn't my concern unless there's some out of the ordinary circumstance and they need some help that I can provide.

The last thing I want to mention is the most important. I don't know your life and how you spend time with family, but unfortunately too often those with a "work, work, work, that's how you get ahead" philosophy neglect to spend enough time with family while a guy that doesn't mind picking corn after Christmas is willing to stop and smell the roses in October.

Now, your point about finding opportunities for efficiency is a good one and that can either lead to more time for what is important, like family and community service, or just taking another step up the ladder in a dog eat dog world.

Edited by Blusteryknollfarm 1/12/2019 09:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)