AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combines running on Thursday Jan 10 around Macomb and carthage.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/12/2019 08:04 (#7239254 - in reply to #7239117)
Subject: RE: Combines running on Thursday Jan 10 around Macomb and carthage.

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
0.0009913259% if the few that respond here were all different individuals and not repeat posts. Thats a tiny read to post percent. Do you know why that is? Because we are never going to make everyone happy and someone is always going to take it personal so most remain lurkers. Did I say all operations that dont unload on the go are terrible? Nope. Haven't been doing it that long ourselves and was a learning curve for us. But I doubt you disagree that an operation of the size I commented on probably would be a good candidate. My point was more the fact that most of the machines here running do it every year. Everyone has different goals for fall. We want done to get cover crops started early and get the manure and strip till done timely as possible. If a guy has 200 acres he probably have a target date to finish in x time. If another guy has 2000 his goal may be slightly longer but not 10x the 200. The hardest part is getting to the point where making the next jump is an option. This requires maxing out the current operating setup until you can size accordingly. Circumstances out of our control pushed many back and several finished yesterday that normally would be done that I'm not referring to at all. I think it takes a lot of confidence to do things and ever mention it on agtalk. Always going to ruffle some feathers. Again I dont know your story you don't know mine, which actually is too bad, it always helps to know details to any story. I will work on trying to eliminate the confusion next time by wording my post directed to the specific crowd. Have a good day

Edited by DobsonAG 1/12/2019 08:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)