AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A question for those who say tarrifs “never “ work.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Flamme Farms
Posted 1/10/2019 08:33 (#7234375 - in reply to #7233505)
Subject: RE: You mean,.....

Central iowa
Huh weird Then because I’m surrounded by only a 100-150 wind farm and I’ve seen everything earl mentioned and this one is less then 10 years old we have 2 on a rented farm one has only ran about half of those years just finally had the generator replaced this year and it’s up and running...according to the company that built them there life expectancy is around 20years and they should pay themselves of in 25-30 and when they tear them down they just break up the first 15ft of concrete and leave the rest...great

Not bashing you just curious because I don’t understand it.....Can you explain how the wind energy gets into the grid? According to the local power plant it runs the most efficient at full power and the wind isn’t reliable so they just can’t throttle down when theres wind and throttle back up when the wind stops it takes to long and there would be power outages so where does this energy go? Is it wasted? Do they store it? I thought it was ironic when a tornado was headed straight towards the power plant this summer so they shut it down and dumped the boilers so everyone around was out of power for awhile tell they got the boilers refilled and the turbines were still running and no one had power

Edited by Flamme Farms 1/10/2019 08:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)