AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A question for those who say tarrifs “never “ work.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Whats Up
Posted 1/9/2019 11:00 (#7231996 - in reply to #7231400)
Subject: RE: You mean,.....

The reason why coal can't compete is due to unfair EPA legislation and lots of government help for wind towers. Lignite coal in North Dakota and Canada doesn't have the btu's that the coal from Wyoming has, but it is still less then 1/2 the cost of wind energy, so I am sure that Wyoming coal mines could do even better without the Dems demanding that it is dirty. The lignite coal plants have become very clean energy other than C02 which is also what you exhale when you breath.

I have wind towers near me and you can't believe the energy and materials consumed to build these things. I do not have exact numbers of the yards of cement that they put into the base, but I have never seen such a huge hole dug and then filled with cement to hold these things up, maybe some one else can say how many yards of cement is used in just the base. Then they build excellent roads to each and every tower, they start out by mixing in cement powder into the dirt to make it set up close to concrete, then over lay that with a foot of gravel. I asked my commissioners about the quality of roads that were being built through the fields going to each wind tower and compared it to rest of the roads in the county, to which their reply was those type of roads aren't affordable without federal help.

Most of the supporters in these local areas where they are being built are out of town landlords that are only looking at their lease money, the cement plants, and the commissioners like the extra tax dollars.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)