AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20” beans... anyone gone to 20” and switched back to 15’s?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sj3788
Posted 1/9/2019 07:49 (#7231546 - in reply to #7230989)
Subject: RE: 20” beans... anyone gone to 20” and switched back to 15’s?

swohio
I have been on 20" beans and 30" corn for a couple of years now. Been very happy with the 20's and have no plan to go back to 15". Several reasons, 1st was all planter units on one bar, much easier to work on than 15" on one bar. 2nd, I built a pretty compact planter this way ( 12 rows, 20' wide ), 3rd, I like to use row cleaners in stalk ground. This lets me do that, I do run with the row almost all the time, once in awhile I do go at a angle. May have to do that this spring, have corn still to harvest. No problem for canopy "here". They combine just like 15" rows, I have had very good yields with 30" beans, I don't like to run them at all. Another reason I like them is very little beans get run over when posting them. Tractor has 14.9x46 tires and sprayer has even narrower ones. No side by side yields, but on my ground that I know what it does, seems to be the same as any row width. Did drill some beans this year because I was so late getting them in and so far they have been the best. I like mine, the biggest reason is nice and compact planter, easy to fill and easier to work on. Also very nice to go down the road, not a big planter by today's standard, but will cover ground for me.

(IMG_1091 (full).JPG)

(IMG_1092 (full).JPG)

(IMG_1125 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1091 (full).JPG (170KB - 22 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1092 (full).JPG (202KB - 27 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1125 (full).JPG (195KB - 21 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)