AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To Anyone who has or think they have Lyme disease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Posted 11/6/2018 21:16 (#7089837 - in reply to #7085482)
Subject: RE: To Anyone who has or think they have Lyme disease

Northeast Ohio
So here is my Lyme story, I will try to condense it. In the fall of 2001 we were riding horses in Elk county Pennsylvania. At the end of the day I discovered that I had a tick embedded in me, I don't know how long it was there. A friend that was with us pulled it out and we didn't think nothing of it. We didn't know much about Lyme then but unfortunately do now. Fast forward to July of 2012, a friend of mine notices my speech was starting to slur but she just figured it was because of my work schedule. Trying to get the farm going and putting in 40 to 60 hours at the plant. Going into 2013 more people notice my speech and a good friend of ours who is a Nurse Practitioner says you need to get to a Dr. I start with my General Dr and he sends me for a MRI of the brain, it's normal except for it's pea size! He said you need to see a neurologist, so I go see a neurologist. Upon examination he says to me, have you ever heard of ALS? Oh my, I know what that is and it's not good. He orders a EMG and a nerve conduction test, they were inconclusive. He refers me to Cleveland Clinic, he claims that they will figure it out. I go to Cleveland clinic in the late fall of 2013 to meet with another neurologist, he orders another EMG and nerve conduction test. By this time I am starting to really dislike needles and thank goodness for good insurance. The test were inconclusive and he sends me for a swallow study and it turns out good and he says to go to speech therapy. I go to speech therapy but it doesn't do much. So I am supposed to go back to Cleveland but just blow it off and figure it's just more bad news. Forward to February of 2016, I get Herpes Simplex encephalitis, which is basically shingles on your brain. Now up until February of 2016 I am still farming and working at the plant. So I come out of HSE and my speech is worse and my balance is off and so is my mobility. I go back to Cleveland clinic to see the top neurologist they have in April of 2016 and he says I think you have PLS which is similar to ALS but only affects upper motor neurons I believe and says take these pills. Spring of 2017 I get a little worse in the mobility department. Our county game warden and 2 brothers that have a farm I rent says to me, Have you ever been checked for Lyme disease? Yes back in the fall of 2013 I was but now we know that test is very unreliable. So I get on Facebook and search for Lyme disease groups in NE Ohio. I make contact with a lady that has a Lyme disease Facebook group in our area and she invites us to view the movie Under Our Skin. From there we go to a Lyme disease Symposium in Harrisburg Pennsylvania and meet with a Nurse Practitioner that deals with Lyme. I go to see her and she runs a bunch of test and I find out that I have Lyme Disease, some coinfections, parasites, a mutated gene (MTHFR) that doesn't let my body detox, leaky gut, inflamed gut, heavy metal poisoning, my lead and mercury are 3 times over the limit, 3 different molds in my body, environmental toxin poisoning, 3 currently inactive viruses. Right now I am speech impaired and can't walk without some form of assistance. As of right now we think it all started with that tick bite in 2001, not the gene mutation but everything else. There is a guy in our group that Cleveland clinic told him he had parkinsons disease, it turned out to be Lyme. Lyme disease is called the Great Imitator.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)