AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mediterranean diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

martin
Posted 8/24/2018 05:16 (#6946989 - in reply to #6946842)
Subject: RE: Mediterranean diet

Well, if you are asking about the Mediterranean diet, you are looking to try new tricks with that.  So, why not try the new tricks with what the nutritionist wants you to do.

I suspect the nutritionist suggested foods that you normally do not eat. Is that an issue? 

I had a visit with a nutritionist about a year ago. She gave me guidelines on amount of protein to eat, and amount of carbs to eat.  She also had a sheet showing example meals.  I don't look at the example meals too much,  but I think about and try to follow the recommendations on protein and carbs.   My doctor has been pleased with my changes in blood sugar levels, and A1C levels. 

I would encourage you to take the guidelines the nutritionist gave you, and to try to incorporate the foods you like into the guidelines she (?) suggested.  I would also encourage you to keep a diary of what you eat each day.  Track the number of carbs and protein you eat.

Remember, you don't have to achieve perfection overnight. If you can make small changes in the right direction, and keep making small changes in the right direction, you will get to where you want to be.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)