AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Christiansen farms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Newguy
Posted 8/11/2018 11:19 (#6923817 - in reply to #6920996)
Subject: RE: Christiansen farms

Renville Minnesota
shoop - 8/9/2018 21:12

Did they make the news?

I’m guessing you knew the answer to this.

I’ve had a working relationship ship with Christiansen farms since they bought the local cooperative hog farms in our county.

They made good on promises to clean up the poorly engineered systems built in early 90’s.

On the manure side of things, nobody is perfect, but I know from yearly experience I doubt any pig farm in the country puts more effort in bio security, paperwork, education, and commitment to excellence as them. And we have damn good hog farmers all around us who do just as good of job, but don’t have the size (problematic) headache to deal with.

I highly doubt Christiansen farms knowingly and willingly broke the law. Am reserving the right to be wrong on this, just going off what I see when talking and meeting with decision makers in sleepy eye on an annual basis for many years.

Bob had people in place before his death.

From what I gather, Christensen farms were one of many businesses who contracted with the persons being investigated. And depending on which news you listened too, Some give one sided information and you’ll never hear the rest of the story. Another reason I don’t pay attention to anything coming from Minneapolis.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)