AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra swath control.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/7/2018 06:54 (#6915856 - in reply to #6913867)
Subject: RE: Integra swath control.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I figured there should be a better way. Having 3 sections with Sections 1 and 3 being the dummy sections with section 2 being the real one would forgo the fake offset that I suggested.

I briefly thought about the possible problem with auto swath or guidance with the configuration until I reread your post and was reminded that the guidance width defaults to the entire implement width but can be changed. I've never had occasion to need to do this.

Yes, the outputs on the CCM would involve a bit of trickery. Section 2 would go to the "real" clutch or relay controlling it. Sections 1 and 3 do need a load on them so that when the system checks for their presence it will believe clutches to actually be present. I have had occasions on the bench where I have just used a common 12V relay for that purpose. I believe a suitable resistor should work also. I don't know what size would be necessary but I would try 100K ohm first and see if that fools the system. If not try a smaller resistor. The idea is that the system needs to see 12V returning from the "clutch" or dummy equivalent when it does its clutch presence test. Keeping the resistor large will limit the current during normal operation when Sections 1 and 3 will always be OFF which means the circuit would be completed.

If the clutch on the Concord is the type that uses 12V to engage rather than disengage the logic would need to be reversed. If the clutch draws a fair amount of current a relay would be needed anyway so as not to exceed the limits of the Clutch Control Module. I have used some HD SPDT relays that would be suitable for this. One way to wire this would be to connect the coil terminals to constant hot and section 2 of the Clutch Control Module. The Common terminal of the relay would go to the vehicle battery with suitable wiring to handle the clutch load. A suitable disconnect switch should be installed in this line to prevent battery draw when the system is not being used. The Normally Closed terminal of the relay would go to the Clutch. A suitably sized ground wire from the battery would also go to the relay.

Since the Concord probably already has a manual switch, the relay might be "inserted" in the original wiring. There may already be a relay present which might be used or replaced. That way the original switch would act as a Master to stop planting and prevent battery drain. when not planting. In normal use the switch would be left ON with the new extra relay being able to make/break the circuit for auto operation.

12V relays or suitable sized resistors would be attached to the constant hot out of the CCM and the section 1 and 3 lines. Section 1 and 3 could be assigned to a nonexistent switch so that they could never be turned on. The configuration would be setup as a 3 section rig with the real total width for section 2. The widths for sections 1 and 3 are not important. The only reason for their existence is to work around the requirement that the implement have 2 sections or more.

I can't seem find any holes in your thinking so it doesn't appear that I can collect on the 12-pack. Today would be a good day for that since its my Birthday!

Edited by tedbear 8/7/2018 06:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)