AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra swath control.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/29/2018 13:04 (#6899452 - in reply to #6898978)
Subject: RE: Integra swath control.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I assume you want auto swath to do this for you. You would need an Ag Leader Clutch Control Module. This module can be used in a variety of situations such as planters and drills. You would also need an Auxiliary Input Module and a toggle switch OR a CAN switchbox from Ag Leader. Both modules will connect to the CAN bus (round four pole connector) in your Integra Harness.

A single Clutch Control Module can work with from 1-12 sections. It provides a constant "hot" to each branch and completes ground to a branch when that section is to STOP planting. The clutch module is limited in the amount of current (amps) it can handle. This means that machines that use a larger clutch such as yours will need a fairly heavy duty relay in between the module and the actual clutch. With other clutches such as the SureVacs on my planter, a relay is not needed.

The clutches on many machines such as Kinze planters and quite possibly your Concord may use the machine frame for ground. If so this ground must be disconnected from the frame and attached only to the relay since the Ag Leader clutch module will be expecting to switch ground. Most clutches of this type work on the principle that applying power stops planting so that part would be fine.

A planting configuration is created that tells the system various measurements, the width of the rig, number of sections etc. The toggle switch can be used to manually shut off a section (the entire rig in your case). With the toggle switch On and auto swath active, the system will "watch" its own map and complete the circuit when it sees that an area has already been planted to stop planting.

The top picture below is of the CAN switchbox. It contains switches for 10 sections and a Master as well as the CAN circuitry. The second picture is of an Auxiliary Input Module. This is the CAN circuitry alone and requires a dumb switch box. With a single section such as your Concord, a single special toggle switch to the Green connector would be adequate. Either of these would be fine as they are equivalent. You need one or the other not both.

I do not have a picture of the Clutch Control module but it is a black box somewhat similar in appearance to the second picture and has a cable leading to the clutch or relay in your case. The modules are connected via the CAN bus so the various parts can communicate with each other.

Edited by tedbear 7/29/2018 13:16

(SC110CANSwitchbox (full).JPG)

(TedsAIM (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments SC110CANSwitchbox (full).JPG (85KB - 42 downloads)
Attachments TedsAIM (full).JPG (116KB - 37 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)