AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grammar Nazis! Rediculus!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jwinga
Posted 6/19/2018 10:43 (#6821475 - in reply to #6821445)
Subject: RE: Grammar Nazis! Rediculus!

South Ga
paul the original - 6/19/2018 10:31

> Spell checker can be your (not you’re) best friend or your worst enema. If in doubt type the mangled word into your Google search bar to check it that way, it usually shows up in a dictionary format with the correct spelling along with an example of the words usage in a sentence.

Ha! I just did that google look up for a word in a different thread, I needed to use the big word so had to. But it takes time, and occasionally switching to a Google look up page erases the other page I was typing on and my whole reply is lost, I often don't feel like starting over. I disable search bar add on stuff to keep my old iPad running reasonable fast enough.

Time, effort, content. We are getting much more casual in what we do, as we replace the sidewalk conversations with the texting and interneting. Right or wrong.

Paul

We’re not teaching handwriting in school anymore and “cuz” is turning into a real word, sometimes it’s like we’re going backwards instead of advancing.
Reading a book or magazine from 50 plus years ago is almost like reading another language.
Intentionally dumbing down our language isn’t going to be good (doubleplus good)in the long run.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)