AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grammar Nazis! Rediculus!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jwinga
Posted 6/19/2018 10:16 (#6821405 - in reply to #6821378)
Subject: RE: Grammar Nazis! Rediculus!

South Ga
paul the original - 6/19/2018 10:04

I agree with your subject title, grammar natzis are ridiculous.

So, I guess I don't really agree with your message. :)

I think formal writing is a dying art. We have replaced casual conversation with casual typing. The idea is to get the point of a short conversation across, not to be a stuffy perfect speller that ends up not saying anything worthwhile.

Type good enough so I get your point, and I'm happy.

Myself, somehow I managed to get on an honor role in school, they thought I had some book smarts I guess. fooled them.

Two things I can't do: remember a proper name, of a person mostly, or even a town or street or the like. Can't do it. I have at times a photographic memory, I can remember an image in my head from 20 years ago and where everything in that frame was, where each person was standing. But I can't name them, and some were very good friends of mine! Sheez.

And, I can't spell. I frequently change what I'm typing on this forum, as any word over 5 letters is a terrible struggle for me. I can not sort out the vowels.

Spell checker - at first I thought that would be a real advantage of this iPad. And it does correct a lot for me. But it has so,wage on it now, and it isn't keeping up with the tasks any more. It frequently gets more confused and messes up words for me, making more errors than it corrects.

As I read some messages, I can often identify folks that have the same age Apple product I have. Their spelling errors are very familiar to me, their device is making the same errors mine does! Kinda funny.

Now, a person should try. I really try to get things right. I'm not saying a person should be

Paul

Spell checker can be your (not you’re) best friend or your worst enema. If in doubt type the mangled word into your Google search bar to check it that way, it usually shows up in a dictionary format with the correct spelling along with an example of the words usage in a sentence.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)