AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you convert dry feed values to wet feed value?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 4/18/2018 19:28 (#6718012 - in reply to #6717633)
Subject: Re. The power of $1 per point of DM-ya i think different

western iowa,by Denison
in my head I use a value of 1 with a upside down math-0% moisture is $100 and 99% moisture is worth $1
usually I'm ok then-usually its a phone call from broker I use and he rambles so fast I have to think quick-recently had a guy call on corn and I asked the moisture-damage-since I know corn is well over $100 a ton I just based it off that and damge value and just put a bid in at $70 ton delivered as it was 30% moisture-year in year out the value has been a quick fix using the $1 a point value-not many things in the feed world that $1 a point doesn't hit . Even corn silage at 65% is close($45) ton
Oats-32# at 14% moisture $86 ton - $86 - $1.37 bushel etc--
Then I go back when I have time and figure-but so far I have bought a lot of feed with that ability to think in 1-3 seconds on what to bid.

I know it doesn't answer your question-but I base my glutten buys off the value of corn and buy it cheaper then corn or I leave it alone. I value your 15% dry at $85 and your wet at 55% at $45-and have noticed there is value in the wet more so then dry. We bought 19% moisture discounted dry at $70 ton one day last fall-bought some 30% today at $70ton delivered
always figure 10% shrink-if your full of byproducts I always take that 10% off-if in need I have used 0%-I'm out of ddgs-so told him 1 load at $70 and said I would take 4 more loads at $63 if he was in a bind

Edited by garvo 4/18/2018 19:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)