AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Surveilance video cam setup? How?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/28/2008 16:47 (#549290 - in reply to #548980)
Subject: Re: Surveilance video cam setup? How?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
jasonswmn - 12/28/2008 08:11

Ron

The Picture quality on these internet cameras are not the best . It's not like haveing a hardwired camera directly to the monitor. You will be limited to the bandwidth of your ISP. Mx270a is right about seeing motion on a spinning pulley, wouldn't be able to tell real easy.

The 2 cameras that my brother uses are linksys, one is a stationary camera and the other one you can pan and zoom the camera from the computer. If you know the IP address you can log into the cameras with a password that you setup.

If you have a 2 way radio system you might want to consider this, this is what i use and it works well for me. I have a 2 way radio hooked up to the corn dryer and whenever the drier shuts down it sends a message over the radio. So if the air system shutsdown it will also cause the drier to shutdown then it sends out a message, If the load auger auger belts break the load timer on the dryer will shut the dryer down and then the radio will send out a message.

Just something to consider.

Jason

I'm curious how you get the 2 way radio at the dryer to send out a message. I assume this is some type of prerecorded message device that is connected to the radio mic. Could you explain further?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)