AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Product To Fix Worn Parallel Arms And Bushings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

PPS Bushings
Posted 3/4/2018 12:31 (#6619254 - in reply to #6618900)
Subject: RE: New Product To Fix Worn Parallel Arms And Bushings

combinedmf - 3/4/2018 09:45

I really like the product idea and greatly appreciate that you make them in the USA. I have two questions. The first is about the sizes. Is it possible to order a couple different sizes based on measurements of the arms and exchange any that aren't needed for the ones that are? This would enable one to cut as little as possible out of each arm. My second question is will these work on 15" rows on an IH planter such as a 955 row crop special or 5400 soybean special? There is very little room between row units on these applications. Thank you for your time and blessings on your new venture.

Yes we will take back what ever you don't use. They will work with the planters mentioned but having clearance to ream the holes while on the planter would be something you would have to look at. The arms might have to be taken off to ream them if there isn't room to get the drill and reamer between the units. I don't know if you saw my edit on the first post but we now have these bushings with 1/2" internal threads so you don't have to do away with the carriage bolts. Just make sure there are threads so the bushing will tighten down all the way. New grade 5 carriage bolts could be bought that have all threads if needed. Call me with any questions. Thanks

Edited by PPS Bushings 8/22/2018 17:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)