AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Product To Fix Worn Parallel Arms And Bushings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

PPS Bushings
Posted 8/19/2018 18:04 (#6938196 - in reply to #6937690)
Subject: RE: New Product To Fix Worn Parallel Arms And Bushings

KMech - 8/19/2018 11:42

PPS Bushings - 2/24/2018 15:10
These are going to be harder than the arms. Our original idea was to make them softer so the bushings would wear more than the arms but some of these planter arms are already using material we felt we couldn't get softer than and keep them dependable. These are not a hardened bushing.

I think that's the best plan. With that indexing pin in the bushing that attaches to the arm, it's not going to move against the arm. Without those pieces moving against each other, wear is going to be negligible regardless of hardness.

Is there a lubrication recommendation to these? The original bushings are said to be oil-impregnated, but in actual practice I have seen them to benefit from additional lubrication.

Several of these post were before we had the flanged bushing that goes into the arms. The flanged bushings are hardened and almost twice as hard as the hex bushing they pivot on. When used with the reamers you have to drive these flanged bushings into the parallel arms with a block of wood and hammer so they are not loose but we wanted to make sure they never turn in the arms.

We ran these this spring as soon as we got them dry wanting to see how they would wear. We had no wear on either bushing when used on push rows on a Kinze planter but it only covered 1300 acres. The Kinze owners manual says to oil theirs once a week. I wonder how many are being oiled weekly but would guess most are not. We would rather have these ran dry than enough oil on them to collect dust and then not get oiled again until next spring. I think we will agree that lubrication in a clean environment would make them last longer, but there are so many variables in field conditions for me to know the correct answer.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)