AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tracked skid loader question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 1/16/2018 19:59 (#6510480 - in reply to #6510319)
Subject: RE: Tracked skid loader question

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Hi Gunner,

I ended up with a 300T after demoing a smaller 190T.  For handling large heavy 5x6 bales I really needed the larger frame machine.  Skid steer ratings are based on bucket work and have no relevance at all for handling large bales, especially out in a pasture and uneven terrain.  If you are considering one keep in mind if you will be doing bucket/attachment work or handling large bales. If bales get a larger frame machine.

Here's a picture of the 300T loading bales in a cradle feeder the other day ahead of our recent snow.  I love the LH door access, the cab and the heater!  I don't have a cab on my tractor so this is a treat!

I'm learning the electric over hydraulic controls. The machine can be run in either 2 hand H pattern or ISO with travel on the left hand and bucket on the right hand. I figured it's time to learn the ISO and I'm getting there. The machine has different control sensitivity settings that I am just figuring out but it is very nice to operate, comfortable and warm! Getting in and out over the LH track is also easy once you get the hang of it and a system. You can see the step on the left hand undercarriage.

This is about a 1500 lb bale and its CG is much further forward and higher than the bucket loads used in std skid steer ratings.  The ground is not exactly smooth and level as inside a barn either.

Edited by Jim 1/16/2018 20:18

(IMG009 loading bales in cradle feeder with 300T - like LH side door access 011418.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG009 loading bales in cradle feeder with 300T - like LH side door access 011418.jpg (130KB - 43 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)