AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tracked skid loader question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 1/16/2018 19:45 (#6510439 - in reply to #6509933)
Subject: RE: Tracked skid loader question

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Brad, I have a 300T track machine with the 2 speed transmission. I've just had it a week or so.

From memory I thought the top speed was about 12.5 mph. However, checking the brochure to answer you, I find the 12.4 mph max speed is for the rubber tire 300 only. Not the 300T tracked machine. The 300T does have a top speed of 7.8 mph as you mention.  My mistake! No wonder it was taking longer on the road than I thought! 

Oh well, I still love the machine for handling large bales. It is stable and I can safely carry a large bale up high enough to see forward, underneath the bale. Also love the LH door access and the cab. Easy to get in and out to remove netwrap and/or plastic from bale.

I started out with demoing a 190T but it was definitely not large enough to handle my large 5x6 bales safely.  I Liked the rest of the machine but not its capacity for my applications - feeding large bales, handling manure and handling large logs.  I then did as a friend did last year and went to the larger 300T. This is a bale handling machine! I'll just have to live with the 7.8 mph top speed.

Here is a picture of the speed spec page from the brochure and also a picture of me loading a bale in one of my cradle feeders before the last snow.

Thank you for straightening me out on the top speed.

Edited by Jim 1/16/2018 20:06

(JCB Brochure top speeds.jpg)

(IMG010 loading bales in cradle feeder with 300T 011418.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments JCB Brochure top speeds.jpg (36KB - 60 downloads)
Attachments IMG010 loading bales in cradle feeder with 300T 011418.jpg (86KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)