AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody here messing with Arduino stuff?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

cwrisley
Posted 2/5/2018 19:36 (#6557205 - in reply to #6508029)
Subject: RE: Anybody here messing with Arduino stuff?

Upstate New York
I have not picked up arduino, but also went with the particle & shields as mentioned earlier. (particle.io). Did some lego mind storm type stuff in college for a computer science class (15 years ago) so I'm real rusty at this stuff now.

Had some real world exaples of some ideas or what I have done on the farm with the particle. I have a couple of the particle electrons (cell) and the particle photons (wifi).

1. Built a weather station and had the data publish to wunderground using a particle photon. (it's down at the moment, need to design the weatherboard with an off board temp sensor. (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13674). Mine did not make it through the wet summer.

2. Use a particle photon and the dashboard to monitor the corn level in the outside corn furnace hopper. (when I need to go fill it or so it does not run out in the middle of the night!

3. Working on an electron to monitor outside and inside temps of a grain bin (trying to figure our moisture as well!)

Would love to come up with some ideas or better coding, sensors or hear what others are doing. Still trying to figure this particle ecosystem out.

~Clayton
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)