AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader on spinner bed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/30/2017 14:45 (#6464719 - in reply to #6464616)
Subject: RE: Agleader on spinner bed

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
sharecropper - 12/30/2017 02:00

Have a bigA with 20 20 new leader bed and wanting to spread vrt . Will be using incommand with direct command and a 6500 receiver unlocked to rtk . On the bed will be a spinner speed sensor belt sensor and a control valve . Do not need bin sensor or fan speed valve. Will all I need between the bed and the incommand be a granular controller or will I need something else . Also why do people always put the belt sensor in the back? Wouldn't it be better in the front out of the fertilizer and to catch if the belt would slip ?

You will also need a way to inform the system when you want to apply. One way would be to use Ag Leader's Auxiliary Input module. This is a black box that is a computer itself. It has inputs for a Master and boom section switches. It connects to the Ag Leader CAN system via a Tee in the CAN wiring. For a spinner rig such as this, a single special toggle switch can be used which plugs into the Auxiliary Input Module. This module can be use with other Ag Leader situations that need a Master and boom sections such as a sprayer or planter. They would require a more complex switch box to handle the extra switches.

Ag Leader also has a switch box with a Master and 10 boom section switches in it that contains the electronics from the Auxiliary Input Module inside it. This would certainly work but generally the loose module and toggle switch mentioned above would be used unless the switch box could be used elsewhere for other situations. If the equipment is only going to be used in the Big A, then I would suggest using the loose module and toggle switch.

I have seen several setups where the belt sensor was mounted up front for the reasons you mention.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)