AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader on spinner bed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/30/2017 18:41 (#6465315 - in reply to #6464769)
Subject: RE: Agleader on spinner bed

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
sharecropper - 12/30/2017 03:06

is that switch box called a direct command or am i mixed up . if it is i was going to get it so i could also use it in the planter tractor for steering and planter shutoffs and population .

Direct Command generally refers to any type of situation where application is involved with an Ag Leader display. They use the term Seed Command for those situations working with seed. Some situations work with both at the same time. For example with my own personal planter, I use an Ag Leader 1200 for steering, seed section control and monitoring, fertilizer monitoring and spray control all at the same time.

I get the impression that you would like use an Ag Leader InCommand 1200 display for both a planting setup and also for the Big A. You may be wondering what "pieces" you need and if some of them could be used in either rig. The answer is many of these "pieces" could be used in either rig but some would be specific and would stay with each rig.

Let's start with the Big A. It would need a GPS, a display, an input module and switch OR the CAN switch box which contains the Auxiliary Input Module and the separate Spinner module. For the Planter you would need a GPS, a display, an input module and switch box OR the CAN switch box which contains switches and the Auxiliary Input Module and the Clutch Control module as well as a Population module and the steering module for the tractor.

The GPS, display and input module as well as some of the wiring could be moved between the two rigs. This is assuming that you do not need them both at the same time. The Spinner module would only be used with the Big A so it would likely stay with it. The Clutch Control Module and population module would only be used with the planter so they would likely stay on the planter.

There would be wiring involved to put this all together. Some of this wiring could be moved but some would likely stay with each rig. Part of that issue is how easy you want it to be to move the pieces around.

The two possible choices for the Master and Section switches is likely the most confusing. Either choice could work for you. If you went with the Auxiliary Input module which is separate, it would need a switch for the Big A and a Switch box for the Planter. If you went with the CAN switch box which has the circuitry built into it, it could be moved between rigs. On the Big A only the Master switch would be used but having the other switches wouldn't cause any problem.

When I used to move things around quite a bit, I would put some of the modules and wiring in a small duffel type bag so that it was somewhat protected buy still easy to move.

Edited by tedbear 12/30/2017 19:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)