AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HA1C Diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

raider2b
Posted 11/19/2017 12:17 (#6375310 - in reply to #6373632)
Subject: RE: HA1C Diet

North Dakota
Just had my A1C. Went from 6.9 to 6.1 in six months. Cut all sugared soda, about half the milk, most bread and all candy and deserts. I'm really trying to get rid of potatoes but that is almost impossible for me. My biggest weakness is for Honeycrisp apples. If I buy them I have to eat them all.

I take the minimum dose of metformin, but watching my diet seems to do the best for me. I usually have oatmeal for breakfast or eggs and bacon for something different. Lunch is a meat and a salad. Supper is whatever is placed in front of me, and I'll eat what I should and then some. Wife is a pretty good cook!

I try to keep the carbs below 250 per day and some days I can get by with 150-175. If I have 2 slices of bread for a sandwich and whatever potatoes and veggies are left over for lunch my glucose will be over 225 at 4:00 in the afternoon. If I eat correctly it will be around 110. Dr said to not get all stressed out about one or two days over 200 but I would need to take better care after that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)