AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saddle blankets?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Scottjoe
Posted 11/17/2017 08:02 (#6370602 - in reply to #6370330)
Subject: RE: Saddle blankets?

Southern kansas
Thanks for your reply Russ.

Anymore the only riding I do is for pleasure.
When I was a kid I thought pleasure riding was stupid, like why don't we just ride around in the air conditioned tractor with a radio, drink some beer then go park on the far side of the field.
Today i probably spend more time brushing the horse from head to hooves, and combing out that long mane and tail than actual being mounted.

For the pads, comb the hair off, beat it a little, get a new pad every so often. You know how us horse people love to buy more equipment. I know what you mean about the pad sizes, had an off the track mare that I used a long skirted dressage saddle on. Pad didn't quite protect the skirt. Usually never got that bitch warmed up, on my long rides of 5 miles down the mountain then back up I would have to get off a few times and adjust the rig, i usually was pissed before she would stand for the quick remount. Saddle must have been a poor fit. She was stronger when we got than when we left. She's the only horse I own today and will be 20 come April 4th, delightful moment is her registered name and yes we had a few.

I only had one horse with cinch rot and didn't know what it was until today.

Sorry about my long winded rant.

Edited by Scottjoe 11/17/2017 08:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)