AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hard drive options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ktululives
Posted 10/27/2017 19:06 (#6330665 - in reply to #6329711)
Subject: RE: Hard drive options

I've never used one of the hybrid ssd/hdd combo drives, I'm not sure exactly how they work, if it's just the boot information that is stored on sdd and everything else on a mechanical drive, or if there's a large enough partition to store some system files on.

If it's just the boot files, your computer would load up faster, but it wouldn't have any advantage on speed beyond that. I have SDDs in all of my computers, all around 120gb - I have the operating system on that, and use external hard drives to store all my files and documents on. Hard drives across the board aren't anywhere near as expensive as they once were, a 120gb SSD is about $60, in the 2.5 size a 500gb hdd is roughly $40 with a 1gb hdd around $60. Most SSDs come in 2.5 inch size with adapters to fit a 3.5" hard drive bay on desktops - on the regular drives 3.5" are going to be a little cheaper than 2.5" for the same capacity.

Is this for a desktop or a laptop? If it's a desktop does it have more than one bay for hard drives? If it's a laptop do you use it primarily from a desk or is mobility (with all your files and documents) important to you?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)