AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does a null modem cable do? Will I fry my Insight or Mojo?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/6/2008 23:59 (#526183 - in reply to #525603)
Subject: Re: What does a null modem cable do? Will I fry my Insight or Mojo?

Thanks to everyone for the replies and sorry it took me so long for this followup post. After I figured out what it took to get it working, I took off fertilizing and just got back. I love the Insight. Like I said, just using the site verification kit for now till I have time to install seedcommand, but I can already see it's going to be really nice.

Anyways, I went and bought a gender changer so I could use the one Agleader null modem cable and that did not work. Then on a whim I went ahead and combined the chain of cables like I mentioned I might do and that did work. I then discovered that the nuts on one of the original two cables were removable so I took them off which allowed me to connect straight from the Mojo NMEA out to the Insight, bypassing all cables and gender changers.

After reading your reply torn, I wonder if I'm just plain fortunate that the NMEA out on the Mojo must not be wired in a way that it can be damaged by the Insight. You mentioned that they had messed up the standard and that you had to be careful with agleader components because of it so I'm feeling like I must have done a very risky thing.

I also appreciate the background info on the NMEA. It added to the searching I had done. After I submitted the first post I actually did find the posts about null modem cables that you were talking about.

Thanks again everyone.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)