AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Milk at Menards
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

grainbinder
Posted 9/21/2017 19:45 (#6262135 - in reply to #6261806)
Subject: RE: We bitch incessantly about crop prices but....

western WI
mmbdgr - 9/21/2017 15:43

I don't understand what you're saying that milk production is bought. Could you elaborate? I'm not following you.

I would argue that electrical production has become more efficient but the demand for electricity has outstripped the productivity, hence the rise in prices. Dairy demand has been relatively flat for a long time despite the population increase.

And you don't know me at all. I'm not a farmers union type or whatever pejorative stereotype you are throwing out. You want to argue with my position, fine. But resorting to ad hominem attacks doesn't improve your argument one bit

Not attacking by using farm bureau and farmers union as a reference. They both are a failure in doing little, if anything for farmers! And this is the lingo they use to keep farmers going by attempting to give warm fuzzies. Just recently the state farm bureau president said "Its been a stressful year with the low prices, it wears on your optomism, but as a group we carry on." Carrying on does not get the bills paid! And as you mention, demand for milk has been flat which means the milk marketing board is also a failure, they have not delivered by taking the farmers money by force! Increased milk production being bought meaning the increase has come from pumping massive amounts of cash into the operation, the law of diminishing returns has knocked on the door a while ago.

If demand for electrical has outstripped productivity, then there would be wide scale power outages, I'm not buying that statement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)