AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Milk at Menards
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

grainbinder
Posted 9/21/2017 13:22 (#6261636 - in reply to #6261201)
Subject: RE: We bitch incessantly about crop prices but....

western WI
mmbdgr - 9/21/2017 09:06

Well, to be precise milk would be $8.56 to match the CPI rate of inflation.

But to take into consideration, milk production has risen over 300% since the 1950s which counteracts a large amount of the inflation rate

Cannot believe the "head in the clouds" mantra of some people. Of course you use government data support your claim and its 110% true, all of it. Anything the government puts out can be used as gospel! I figured the price of milk using the federal minimum wage standards over the year and a average persons buying power. The point and moral is that milk is way, way undervalued whether it should be $8.00 or $15.00 a gallon.

So what if milk production has risen 300%? Irrelevant here! Most of that extra production is bought! I can tell you a farm bureau or farmers union person because that is their talk.
That saying is gobbly gook, national milk producers federation talk. That is like saying to the electric company your production efficiency has increased 300% since the 40's so you should charge 500% less. Last time I looked, my electric bill continues to go up. You have spoken foolishly in my opinion.

Edited by grainbinder 9/21/2017 13:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)