AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Traeger grill machinery....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 8/27/2017 19:23 (#6213740 - in reply to #6213594)
Subject: RE: Traeger grill machinery....

Tuscola, IL
I've done ribs on mine 3 times and have learned a few things.

1) It's a heck of a lot easier to do when the weather is cool. I have a hard time keeping my temperature cool enough in the summer. Early spring is when I had the most success. The one time I tried on father's day weekend, the ribs were done about an hour early and still over cooked. Mine doesn't have a digital temperature reading. I've got 'smoke' 'medium' and 'high'. I bought a thermometer off amazon with a wireless readout and it's helped a ton.

2) The '3-2-1' method I found from Traeger and watched online is the easiest way to cook the ribs. 3 hours on smoke, wrap in foil with honey, brown sugar and Parkay and cook on medium heat for 2 hours, then unwrap and smoke for another hour. Put BBQ sauce of your choice on in 3 applications in last hour.

3) Don't let friends know when you're smoking ribs. You become the most popular member of the group!

Love the grill. Would like to get a bigger one when this one dies, but the way it's going, this grill is going to last forever. Had a gas grill at the time when I got this one and it's since fallen apart. Didn't feel the need to get another one. Everything we grill is on the Traeger now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)